Sunday, February 11, 2007

Struggling today. There seem to be babies everywhere, and people having babies, and people ooing and ahhing about babies and pregnancies. I feel surrounded by it, as though I can't escape it. Even my lessons (both this week and next week) for the kids' Sunday School class have something to do with babies being born and barren couples being given children of promise. I don't know why it is striking a nerve with me so, but today it feels suffocating. I'm tired of watching other people living in abundant blessing, families growing without ever even acknowledging that that might be something one cannot simply expect. I don't mean that I'm angry that others are blessed in the area of family growth and I'm not. I mean, that people just expect this, as if it's a right. I guess I used to live that way too. I don't know why it bothers me so.

I won't pretend to be strong today. My heart, it hurts today.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm praying for you...we have a young couple in our church just recently announce their pregnancy after years of trying to have a baby...the doctors had told them just a few months ago, that they could not conceive a child. God had other plans...but it was after their Thanksgiving tearful testimony about true contentment and being okay with whatever God had for them, that the pregnancy occurred. God had the perfect plan for them. I praise God for their faithfulness even through the pain.

We are in the process of adopting a baby from China. I'd love for you to visit me and see how God could possibly bless your life through adoption.

I love your blog and your heart for the Lord is evident.

I will pray for you.
Kim

Kim said...

I also wanted to add: I have not experienced infertility like this, I just wanted to encourage you with the news from a couple who thought they would not have children...I really think infertility must be so painful.

Kim