Friday, August 17, 2007

absent LH surge and missing sleep

I am trying not to get frustrated by my delayed LH surge. For the record, it's day 18, and I had reeaaallly hoped to have this whole thing done and over with at this point. But, that is not what is happening, and there's nothing I can do about it except wait, and try to take every anxious thought captive in obedience to Christ.

My doctor called this morning and left a message on my machine (I was at work) to see how I was doing since she hasn't heard from me in 18 days. I expressed my frustration about the continual negative OPK's, but she said, "Well, you typcially have longer cycles anyway, so I expect it will happen in the next few days. Just call me when as soon as you get a positive! I'm anxiously waiting!" Love her. I love that she called to check on me even though she has a heavy patient load of women who are having babies right and left and making her job easier. And, I love that I called her back and was patched right through. Mentioning the word "infertility" on the phone must strike fear in the heart of the receptionist causing her to page her employer ASAP. :)

An unfortunate part of this waiting period is that anything like this always affects my sleep. Night after night after night I lie awake wondering, digesting every possibility over and over again. I usually try intercepting those thoughts and praying over them instead, but even my prayers become worrisome, pleas of "what if?" So, you can pray about this for me. Pray that I would truly take every worry or care and compare it to what the Word tells me. Like the song from the previous post says "I know the Lord is nigh, and would but cannot pray. For Satan meets me when I try and frights my soul away." You can pray against that!

A welcome distraction to all of this has been work. I began in-service on Wednesday and have been busy every day this week. Open house is tomorrow, followed by a busy Sunday (they always are for those of us in ministry!), and then a day off. I have one more day of in-service on Tuesday, then another day off, and then--school starts on Thursday and I will be working every day at that point. (I'm a teacher's assistant in a 4th and 5th grade class in a local Christian academy, for those who were wondering. I did this for a short time last semester.) All of this will help keep my mind off the wandering LH surge that I am anxiously awaiting. :)

As always, thanks for reading, praying, and for encouraging me with your comments.

xoxoxoxo,
-glenna-

3 comments:

Fertilize Me said...

I am praying all that in agreement with you! Good luck at the first couple days of school

andrea_jennine said...

Is there any way your doctor could do a quick ultrasound for you, to see what those ovaries and follicles are doing and give you a better idea of what to expect? That might be a practical way to quell some of the anxieties... In the meantime, may the Spirit give you life and peace!

Glenna Marshall said...

If a few more days go by with no results, I'm going to call my doctor back and ask her to do a sono, like you said Andrea. I don't know if it's something she does since she's not an RE, but it won't hurt to ask.

Thanks for praying.