Monday, August 20, 2007

No news is no news.

Day 21.

As you may have guessed, I am still waiting.
Could it be that Clomid adversely effected my ovaries? I don't know. I'm going to give it a couple more days, per Dr. C., and then I'm calling to see if they can do an ultrasound to see what's going on. I keep thinking, even if I DO ovulate this week, it's SO late...is it even worth it to do the IUI this late in the game? Maybe I should give up the idea of even doing the IUI this month if I'm not responding to the Clomid and am ovulating just as late as I do without the drug.

It's getting hard to keep staring those negative OPK's in the face first thing every morning. It's hard to drag myself back to bed and tell my husband "it's a no" who is anxiously awaiting a positive.

I'm tired.

-glenna-

4 comments:

andrea_jennine said...

He knows that deferred hope makes our frail human hearts sick, and he gives strength to the weary. Hang in there!

I don't know anything about the technicalities of a later IUI, but I hope your doctor can give you some knowledgeable advice.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Honey

I wish I could be there to just put my arms around you and hold you. I can only imagine how hard this must be. Know that I love you and hold you in my prayers.

One of my favorite night time verses is "In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for Thou, O Lord, doeth make me to dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

All my love, Mama

Fertilize Me said...

praying for you to receive a + soon

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Wow, you are certainly experiencing a tough time - I have been thinking about you a lot & praying. As Andrea said, do hang in there!

I don't know if there's a "too late" for an IUI, but I think an ultrasound (if you don't O soon) is a great idea. It would give you a look at what's really happening (are these eggs just slow developing? etc). Honestly, though, I've never seen a study that Clomid helped women ovulate SOONER. It just helps them ovulate if they don't, and often to ovulate more than one egg (like one from each ovary, or 2 from one ovary, etc). I also expected clomid to make me O sooner, but if anything it made it longer. But starting those OPK's so early (CD 10 or whenever they say) must be SO tough day after day.

So right now, I understand your tired heart, and I'm just praying the Lord would pour out grace for each day, and an extra measure of compassion to bring that +.