Friday, August 10, 2007

Still Waiting...

Still waiting for the smiley face on the OPK. Not yet....so this is taking longer than I thought. I guess I thought the Clomid would really speed things up, but maybe not.

Thankfully I did not have any headaches yesterday--which was a relief because the headaches I was having earlier this week were terrible. Another small thing I'm concerned about is if this takes longer than a few more days and I end up having to schedule the IUI after in-service starts next week (with my job at the Christian Academy). That will be awkward...and hard to get in since I technically can't miss orientation.

So here's a specific thing you can pray for: that I get a smiley face on the stick this weekend (preferably Sunday) so that I can have the IUI on Monday or Tuesday (before in-service starts on Wednesday). I guess I'm worrying too much about the details, and as I laid in bed last night for a long time thinking about the possibilities, tossing & turning because of restlessness, my husband said, "You don't need to be worrying; that's probably not helping your body right now." He's right of course, and I kept praying, "Lord, help me to let go of this and to trust in You." Over and over and over again until I fell asleep. I can't help digesting constantly what "might happen." More often than not, I think that I'm not sure how I'll handle it if the nurse calls with negative results at the end of this. I guess I'm borrowing trouble right now...since we are not at that point yet. See? Yet again....I need to put my hope in Christ, not in this procedure or its outcome.

Trying not to be a nervous wreck....

-glenna-

3 comments:

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Thinking a lot about you. I know it took a lot of prayer and consideration to walk the medical route.

For what it's worth, I ovulate on my own solidly between days 13-15. My first clomid round (took 100 mg from CD 5-9) was an O on CD18! The 2nd cycle I moved to taking it CD 3-7 and I O'd on CD16. So it can make you O a little later.

For what it's worth, your husband is right that it's not good to stress as much as possible. I KNOW it's hard. I was going crazy trying to time the BMS without overdoing it & stressing my husband's supply.... The Lord reigns sovereign even over this!

Chris Veteto said...

Hey, Sweetie

I'm praying for you all the time. Let me hear from you soon as I'm on pins and needles, too! :)

Love you lots,
Mama

andrea_jennine said...

The Lord knows just what day is best for your IUI, and he will work it out for your good. When I'm having those tossing and turning nights of spinning every possibility around in my head, I find it helps me to mentally recite hymns to myself. My late night prayers often turn into fretting, but trying to remember rich, poetic words of hymns focuses my mind on trusting in God - usually just long enough to fall asleep! Meditating on Phil. 4:8 helps me, too.