Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Encouragement from E. Prentiss

I read this today in a most beloved book, Stepping Heavenward, by Elizabeth Prentiss (who authored the hymn "More Love to Thee"). I read this book every year, and today some of the truth woven into the story was especially comforting.

"What [God's] methods will be with you I cannot foretell. But you may be sure that He never works in an arbitrary way. He has a reason for everything He does. You may not understand why He leads you now in this way and now in that, but you may, nay, you must believe that perfection is stamped on His every act." (p. 86)

If you've never read this book before, I highly recommend it. It was given to me by the dean of my college several years ago when I worked for her. It is a MUST read for the woman longing to pursue holiness with all her heart.


XOXOXOXO,
-glenna-

3 comments:

Fertilize Me said...

wow -thanks for hte book reccommendation! I love to read

andrea_jennine said...

Ooh, I love that book! So inspiring...

amy said...

I love that book too!! It's amazing....Now that you've reminded me I want to go find it and reread.

Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com