- Completed 48 essay questions (I deserve a medal!)
- Acquired copies of marriage & birth certificates, 1040's for the past two years, & physician's recommendation
- Had insurance affidavit signed
- Finished openness questionnaire
- Filled out numerous medical and family history forms
- Filled out financial forms & budget sheet
- Mailed criminal background check
- Had fingerprinting done (no ink! digital scans--very cool! very CSI-ish)
- Signed I don't know how many forms about fees, procedures, rights & grievances
Still left to do:
- My husband has to finish his essay questions; he's about 2/3 of the way through
- Get health screenings for TB, HIV, and drugs
- Get guardian statement notarized
When my husband's essay questions are done, I can email them to the social worker this weekend and we'll schedule our first home visit for NEXT WEEK!!!
I can't believe how much we've gotten done this week; our first homestudy visit is so soon! I'm really excited that we're moving through this so fast. We'll get our health screenings next week, so I'm glad that won't hold up our visit. Gosh, I'm just SO excited! (I said that already, didn't I?)
Last night we visited some folks in the hospital who had just had a baby. For the first time in 4 years, I held a teeny tiny newborn without one single regret. My heart didn't hurt at all.
And that, my friends, is what they call.....PROGRESS!