Tuesday, March 25, 2008

::drowning in paperwork::

Hi friends.

I am TIRED of the paperwork already! I stopped after two straight hours of writing yesterday.
My husband took this picture when I was on essay question 20 of 48!! I ended up quitting for the day because my husband was working on something in the "nursery." I feel a little silly for having this already, but it has encouraged me so much to have something tangible to remind me that this IS happening!
I can't BELIEVE I have baby furniture in the "nursery" upstairs!! I've still got to order my glider, and I can't wait for it to get here so I can sit in it while I pray for the little one who will occupy that room. (The walls will eventually be painted green.)
Our background checks have been mailed, our fingerprinting appointment is set for Thursday, I'm waiting for the doctor's office to call for appointments for our physical exams, and I'm working my way through the paperwork.
As soon as the paperwork is completed, we'll move on to the homestudy visits, which should move pretty fast.
I'm sorry I've been lax about updating. I'm currently on spring break, so I'm immersing myself in my essay questions. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week. You wouldn't believe what they ask you! I know they want to be thorough, but...good grief!
Anyway...that's what is going on in my world right now. I've been doing MUCH better in regard to infertility. Hope and excitement about our adoption is filling me to overflowing.
XOXOX,
glenna

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm very happy for you! How wonderful to be able to indulge the baby thoughts now that you know (God willing!) that one is on the way. I hope the rest of the essay writing goes smoothly.

andrea_jennine said...

I hope the rest of the essay writing goes smoothly for you! Enjoy that nursery and pray away in there.

Lena said...

Yeah I hear adoption paperwork is daunting... I understand why you'd set up the nursery...I would! I am sure it makes it all feel a bit more real.

Natalie Henman said...

Good luck with the paperwork. Like we, we are also busy setting up our nursery while we are waiting for our all important phone call.

It makes it seem more real. You know it is going to happen...

Love your baby furniture - it is gorgeous...

gracechild said...

The nursery is your hope that is not dead & your faith that's still strong. I like that you have it. Just seeing the pics makes me excited. I like the furniture color

boffthewall said...

You look so happy!! Love it. Glad things are falling into place...God is so great. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Glenna! I am very excited that your adoption process seems to be going well. I pray for you often. God is so good and faithful to us all. We love you and hope all is well. Your long time friend in Christ, Danielle Young Bautista