Thursday, May 15, 2008

::oh yeah, sorry::

Sorry I left you hanging.

At your instistence, I'll give a tiny update. There's really just not a ton to say at this point. Our meeting got moved from next Tuesday to Monday (as if it weren't quick enough already!!). I'm working like mad to get our scrapbook done so we can show it to them when we meet. They, according to our social worker, are very excited to meet us...which makes me less nervous. Actually, I'm not too terribly nervous. I'm looking forward to it. I mean, these folks could be the birthparents of MY future son!!! How could I not look forward to meeting them?!? The due date is somewhere around the end of June. That's not that far away!!

Our homestudy documents were sent in for approval today, so even though it's really only a formality, it's an important formality! ;)

Other than that...gosh, there's not a whole lot to say. Our first shower is on Saturday, May 24th. Our church is throwing a big bash for us and not just women are invited to it--it's churchwide: men, women, and kids. I'm REALLY looking forward to it! Our church has blessed us SO much through this process. I am truly indebted to this wonderful body of believers.
The next shower is in our hometown and takes place on June 5th.

Thanks so much for your comments and prayers! It means SO much to me to have so much support, and from people who don't even know me in real life! What a blessing!!

Be sure to look for an update Monday night. ;)

XOXOX,
glenna

7 comments:

Lena said...

Wow! Thats sooo exciting! Thats one quick adoption process! All the best to you as you welcome a little boy into your home!

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I think it's SO wonderful that the WHOLE church is throwing you the shower... I think it's a great show of support, as well as a great testimony of showing adoption to the young and old. Plus, it just makes me glad to know it's finally your turn to get this!
I'll be looking in on Monday night, if you get a chance to update..... Praying it goes so well!

andrea_jennine said...

I love how much you're enjoying every moment of this process!

Elaine said...

I can't wait to read what happens Monday night. I will be in prayer for all of you (birthparents included) all weekend!

Alison said...

I will be holding my breath till then, ;)

gracechild said...

thanks for the update. sounds like you're getting the cake and the icing. God IS Good

Bonnie said...

I am soo excited for you! Just reading your update and how fast things are moving for you makes my stomach do flips!