Monday, June 2, 2008

::Getting Close::

The baby will be here before too long!

Our social worker called this morning to give us an update. Without being specific, we have reason to believe our birthmom will have this baby before too much longer. Our social worker told us to get things packed; yeah....we've been packed for a week!

I'm tired and anxious and have been fighting headaches and nausea for the past week because of the stress and all the not-knowing. Don't worry....the nausea is NOT for any other reason--don't even ask! But, it's annoying enough that it prohibits me from doing everything I want to.

Anyway...sorry for the lack of updates. I've just felt like there's not been anything worth updating. But--now we're CLOSE!

Keep us all in your prayers!!

-glenna-

6 comments:

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

This is SO exciting! I can't believe you're going to be a momma in a matter of days/weeks! Truly, I step back and say "wow" it's like seeing the hand of God at work almost literally.

I'm so sorry about the side effects from all the stress.... I only can hope and pray they go away so you can do what needs to be done.

Thank you SO much for keeping us updated. What a priviledge to watch!

kcmarie122 said...

Wow, that is so exciting! Good luck with everything! I'll be praying that everything goes well and you have a happy healthy baby in your arms soon! (oh yeah, and that your nausea goes away too)

Melba said...

Wow...congratulations, and GOOD LUCK! I can't even imagine the anxiety/stress you must be experiencing. Try to do some deep breathing exercises or something...it's important for you to be as well rested and relaxed as possible for when you get "the call." After that I'm sure life will be a whirlwind for a time until you get settled in your new (EXCITING) role as mommy!!

GOOD LUCK...I will be checking back for any future updates and I am SOOO happy for you!

Melba

Dave Gerhart said...

HOORAY!! I can still remember my heart pounding every time the phone rang! We'll be praying...keep us posted!!

andrea_jennine said...

Most certainly praying!

Annie said...

Good luck and God speed.