Thursday, September 18, 2008

::the old college try::

Last night during our prayer service at church, we read Psalm 113 right before spending time in corporate prayer. This is the first time I have read this passage since becoming a mom.

1Praise the Lord!
Praise, O servants of the Lord,
praise the name of the Lord!
2
Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and forevermore!

3 From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the Lord is to be praised!

4 The Lord is high above all nations,
and his glory above the heavens!
5 Who is like the Lord our God,
who is seated on high,
6 who looks far down
on the heavens and the earth?
7 He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the ash heap,
8 to make them sit with princes,
with the princes of his people.
9 He gives the barren woman a home,
making her the joyous mother of children.
Praise the Lord!

After my husband read that last verse aloud to the group, my heart was immediately overflowing with emotion. Praise God--that is ME! I am a barren woman whom He has given a home and made the joyous mother of a son! I know that this verse is not a promise for every barren woman, and indeed--I have not been made "unbarren" (although I pray He sees fit to do so one day), but He has still made me the joyous mother of a child. And this.....just astounds me! I feel very blessed.

:::

As far as how things are going post-op...well, I have had my first cycle since the surgery and I have to say....so that's what a normal cycle feels like! That's nothing! I didn't realize that my pain was so much greater than a regular person's cycles. I am so glad to be pain free, although I guess my pain tolerance was greater than I realized. We are doing everything within our power over the next 6 months to optimize our chances of conceiving.

Vitamins....they never sit well in my stomach. But, we are both taking a handful of vitamins that I have researched for both of our fertility issues. My husband is so good about the small army of pills he has to take. He happily downs them every night without a complaint. We are both exercising regularly, too, and trying to eat well. I don't really know what else we can do. I have a book on Traditional Chinese Medicine, but I don't have access to acupuncture or herbalists where we live, so please don't make that recommendation.

It feels strange to be thinking about all of this again. I had really gotten out of the habit once our adoption plan was well underway. I tucked my BBT thermometer into a drawer and stopped obsessing about charts and graphs. I don't know if I can do the thermometer thing with a baby who still wakes often at night, but I'm curious about what my chart will look like now that my endometriosis has been cleaned out. I used to have a saw-tooth like chart, but I read that that is very common with endometriosis or growths.

At any rate, we'll do what we need to do to try to conceive naturally...or, as my doctor says, "to give it the old college try." Please do pray for us over the next 6 months.

Also, you will really have to convince me to post the surgery pics of the Stupid Tumor; I will only do it if you REALLY want me to. I feel kind of strange exposing my insides to the world, yet it is strangely fascinating.

XOXO

11 comments:

andrea_jennine said...

May your "college try" be successful, and may your heart be peaceful no matter what!

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I just want to say it gives me so much joy to read about how God has made you a joyful mother at home... And I kmnow Isaiah is such a blessing to your lives. I too would pray that God would have another little blessing coming, with the old college try, for the sake of the baby and for the sake of your body & keeping the endo away!

Hear My Cry said...

praying for ya hun!

gracechild said...

Love the new blog. Praying for you & your family always

Camille said...

your heart and passion are very admirable. You should know that you are a strong example of how a godly woman reacts in the face of infertility. Thank you SOOO Much!!

SGT Sunshine said...

We will definitely be praying for you guys. I know what a rollercoaster the whole TTC thing can be. May the Lord open your womb and bless it with a beautiful gift!

Alex and Jill said...

I pray for you daily...I want so badly for you to conceive naturally!

I have the pics from my surgery...they are neat and gross at the same time. LOL

Love the new layout!

((HUGS))

Melanie said...

Hi Glenna I had sent you an email a few days ago and wanted to give you my URL so that you can follow along with my journey as I know the pain of wanting a precious child. My name is Melanie and I live in MO too.
http://waitingpatientlywanangel.blogspot.com/
Please add to be a follower on my journey. We seem to have alot in common. Hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

We have a beautiful adopted daughter and also (surprise for us) birth children. My first pregnancy came as we applied for our second child by adoption. I didn't have faith then as I didn't know God, but now I do and I will pray for you. Whether biological or adoption a child is a God given gift.

Lorrie said...

I purchased the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor in lieu of charting.... it worked perfectly (even if I never did get pregnant while on it). Not the fault of the product... it did its job, and let us know the prime days to ttc... it's expensive, but if waking up at night will prevent your charts from being completely accurate, you should maybe try it out. You can usually get them for cheaper on ebay.

sue said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務