Wednesday, September 2, 2009

what's a girl to do?

I was all set to hit up my obgyn for my annual exam on Monday, but thanks to day 1's appearance, I canceled the appointment.  Can't get in to see her until November 21!
I'm not sure what exactly I want to hear from her.  I mean, I'm a year post-op from the surgery to remove my right ovary and tube.  One year since an incredible amount of endometriosis was scraped from my body.  One year since I said good bye to that Stupid Tumor.  One year since my already low reproductive chances were totally skewed.  They were low anyway because of our male factor infertility.  And then there was this whole endometrioma/endometriosis business we didn't even know existed but which played a silent part in our infertility.  Now that that has been corrected, I'm having regular cycles again with little to zero pain.  But our infertility still exists....what can my doctor even offer since I don't want to pursue ARTs?  All she can say is "keep trying."   And "come back if your pain returns."

I'm at least trying to live a healthier lifestyle these days.  I'm doing it for overall health, but maybe it will increase our chances of pregnancy.  It's nothing big...just portion control and running 4-5 days per week.

Other than that and a lot of prayer, what's a girl to do?

-glenna-
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

5 comments:

Sew said...

I had Stage IV endo too....I realized after my surgery that I was left with really bad uncontrollable hormones. A lack of mucus and if I am not mistaken endo affects the strength of ovulation as well as causing LPD.

I am glad that you are pain free, I understand the relief that comes with painfree periods. Its a blessing!

There is so much that you can do without pursing ART. I don't believe in ART, so for me it was a no go right off the bat. There are things that you can do for MFI as well.

For me my IF became how can I get my body healthy and put the pregnancy part aside. Get me up and running while tackling these hormones and other factors that endo affected for the many years that I had it.

If you are interested there is NaproTechnology/Creighton that you could look into. It helps restore the bodies health and fertility. Works with the body and not against what God has already designed to be perfect. By charting and blood tests the specially trained doctors can help you get to optimum health. It is also a great tool to use for optimum health fertility and body wise. It is also covered by insurance and there is nothing out of pocket that you have to pay for because they these doctors treat your disease of infertility.

It is the only thing that I have found that respects women and respects God's design with dignity.

8 months after my surgery and bowel resection and all the other madness they found in my pelvis I conceived after almost 4 years of IF. Unfortunately, we miscarried but it was a blessing no matter what the outcome. After much charting and diligence it proved to me that my body was healed.

Anyway, I don't want to shove this "down your throat" so to speak. But it sounds like you had a lot of answers that were cleared with surgery. I just wonder hormonally how things are. I know that a lot of women with endo suffer from low progesterone. So it might be something to look into if you are up for it.

If you have any questions or need anything. You can contact me if you are interested.

I also don't want to come off as pushy, I'm pushy by nature and probably more pushy because I understand the burden of your disease very well.

God's Love.......

Elaine said...

I am joining you in prayer, sweet friend! Sometimes, that's all it takes...hope and prayer.

allyouwhohope said...

I just found your blog for the first time and it seems like what you went through a year ago, I just went through.. almost a year later to the day! It gave me chills to read your post about finding out you needed surgery! I, too, had the tumor talk with my doctor, same ovary and everything. It was an almost identical conversation. I spent a week and a half thinking I had cancer, the scariest time of my life. Praise God I didn't, and they actually ended up saving my ovary.

Anyways, I can't wait to read more. And your baby is gorgeous by the way!

Hear My Cry said...

((((hugs))))

Tea said...

I just found your blog today. My husband and I have also adopted a precious little one. What an amazing experience! We also have been unable to have a baby biologically (almost 7 years), but I am praying that God will allow that to happen. Saying a prayer for you too. :)